Enroll your rising 9th grader at VentureSchool Detroit for a high school experience unlike any other. Not only will your student gain the necessary knowledge and skills to be successful in college, career, and beyond, but they'll also have the opportunity to unleash their entrepreneurial potential. VentureSchool students will be held to a high standard of academic excellence and will be empowered to tackle the challenges that affect our lives today and the world tomorrow.
At VentureSchool, we're preparing students to become the next generation of leaders, innovators, and agents of positive change in our community.
Our Enrollment Process
VentureSchool Detroit is an open-enrollment, tuition-free charter public high school. We welcome all students eligible under laws of the State of Michigan for admission to a public school. New students will be admitted without regard to prior measures of academic achievement or aptitude, disability, ethnicity, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, or athletic ability.
In our first year, VentureSchool will enroll only rising 9th grade students. VentureSchool will add one grade level each subsequent year until it is fully grown into a 9-12 high school.
If you wish to enroll your child in VentureSchool, here's a brief overview of what to expect and some important dates to keep in mind. For more information, visit our enrollment FAQ section.
Enrolling Your Student at VentureSchool Detroit
- Step One: Complete an application form online by scrolling down or by clicking here. Paper forms may be found here. You may also email us or give us a call at 313-757-1950 and provide your mailing address so we can mail you an application form.
- Step Two: A member of the VentureSchool team will contact you and provide additional details about the school as well as give you the opportunity to ask questions.
- Step Three: If more than 60 students complete Step One and Step Two by March 31, 2018, we will hold a lottery on April 2, 2018. Once the lottery has occurred, parents will be notified if their child is accepted or placed on a waitlist. After the lottery, new applications are accepted on a first-come, first serve basis.
- Step Four: Once your student is accepted, we will invite you to a family information session that will introduce you to VentureSchool Detroit in greater detail, give you time to complete your enrollment packet, and allow you time to ask any questions you may have. The first family information session is slated to be held in early April 2018.
- Step Five: At the family information session, we will schedule a time to visit you and your student at home. The home visit is an opportunity to talk one-on-one about VentureSchool Detroit, tell us your expectations, review school rules and policies as well as answer any questions you may have.
Step One: Apply
You may complete the initial application directly on this page or by clicking here, where you will be redirected to a third-party site.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why VentureSchool Detroit?
VentureSchool Detroit is drastically re-thinking the high school experience through a student-centered, entrepreneurially-focused approach. We will utilize a purposeful, project-based, and personalized learning experience that engages students in relevant and challenging content, solidifies academic fundamentals, and brings students to and beyond grade-level. Furthermore, our integration of entrepreneurial education gives students the opportunity to unleash their potential as entrepreneurial thinkers. Every student at VentureSchool Detroit will be given the opportunity a launch a venture (for-profit or nonprofit organization) of their very own from the ground-up before they graduate. Through this process, we will help students to develop an entrepreneurial mindset that prepares them to be successful in college, career, and beyond.
How do I enroll my child at VentureSchool?
Please review the enrollment process overview above.
Where can I get an application?
Online applications can be completed on the form above or at this link. If you would like an application mailed to you, please give us a call at 313-757-1950 or email email@example.com.
Who can apply for admission?
All students who will complete the 8th grade in spring 2018 (rising 9th grade students) who reside in the City of Detroit or Highland Park, MI are eligible to apply for admission to VentureSchool Detroit. Students will be admitted without regard to prior measures of academic achievement or aptitude, disability, ethnicity, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, or athletic ability.
How will students be selected for admission?
If more than 60 students apply to enroll in VentureSchool Detroit by March 31, 2018, we will hold a lottery on April 2, 2018. Once the lottery has occurred, parents will be notified if their child is accepted or placed on a waitlist. After the lottery, new applications are accepted on a first-come, first serve basis.
What is a charter public school?
Charter schools are unique public schools that are allowed the freedom to be more innovative while being held accountable for advancing student achievement. Because they are public schools, they are open to all children; do not charge tuition; and do not have special entrance requirements. The core of the charter school model is the belief that public schools should be held accountable for student learning. In exchange for this accountability, school leaders are given freedom to do whatever it takes to help students achieve and should share what works with the broader public school system so that all students benefit. For more information, please click here.
Are there any fees?
No. There are no fees to apply to VentureSchool Detroit, nor are there fees or tuition to attend VentureSchool Detroit.
¿La información está disponible en español?
Actualmente estamos trabajando en la traducción de nuestros materiales al español.